MUMBAI MANTRA CINERISE SCREENWRITING PROGRAMME
Applications to the Mumbai Mantra CineRise Screenwriting Programme will only be accepted in hard copies, not electronically, and must reach us by October 30th, 2015 with the following details:
- STORY: The complete story on which your script will be based. Should have 6-8 pages with a beginning, middle and an end.
- WRITER’S STATEMENT: A 2-page note outlining what your project is about. Do explain what motivated you to tell this story, and why you believe you are best placed to write it. If you have a view on how the project should be treated (sensibilities, style, etc.), do share in this note.
- WRITER'S BIO WITH CONTACT DETAILS: Attach your bio-data. You can send the bio-data of other key team members (producer, director, DoP, etc.) if they are already attached to the project.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: All the above documents MUST be in the English language, even if the film is going to be in any other Indian language. All documents must be print-outs (and not hand-written) and your story must be registered in your name for copyright purposes with a recognized authority, like a writers' association or the Copyright Office or WGA, etc.
- DO NOT SEND DVDs of short films or excerpts from other work (or fruit baskets!) at this stage. No recommendation letters or references required either and shall be the immediate cause for disqualification.
Please just put a single staple through all pages. No fancy binders, no paperclips, and no folders please. The whole packet should be around a total of 10-12 pages; one staple should do the trick.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR APPLICATIONS:
Mumbai Mantra CineRise Screenwriting Programme
Mumbai Mantra Media Ltd.,
Mahindra Towers, 5th Floor, Worli,
Mumbai - 400018
Postmarked by October 30th, 2015.
To ensure that your application has been received before the deadline, please use a courier service, which will give you a delivery receipt. You can also submit your application in person at our office reception but you shall NOT be able to meet any staff or have queries answered.
Our selection team will shortlist a total of 100 stories from among the applications. The shortlisted writers will be called for a 2-day screenwriting workshop, which will be held in several different cities across the country. Shortlisted applicants can select a Center closest to their homes. They will go through intensive interactions with experienced writers and directors.
- E-mail will remain the only mode of communication from our side through the entire process. So, do ensure that you give us your permanent e-mail id. If you have a 'spam-blocker', please add our email id firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
- We will consider including writer, writer & co-writer, and writer & director teams (if the director is involved with the creative development of the story) for the one-on-ones. Please list the primary writer as the point of contact for us.
- We expect to receive a large number of applications and will not be able to return application documents, screenplays or other materials. We also cannot provide individual feedback on every application and only the 100 shortlisted applicants will receive feedback directly at the workshops.
- Indian citizens living abroad are eligible to apply.
- People of Indian origin or of mixed Indian origin, who may not be Indian citizens, can also apply.
- References or calls from your contacts shall NOT be entertained and shall lead to instant disqualification.